Acting as the educational provider platform that is accessible for the Students in their personal account, the GeeklyHub Company labels the services provided as ""Freelancers"" where ""Tutors"" and ""Freelancers"" are interchangeable terms. The policies that regulate the Behavior Code of the Freelancers are listed under the Tutoring Service policies section. Based upon a paid cooperation, the Tutors provide the Students with a Lesson Service as a primary service. Lesson Service is defined as a tutoring session or an educational service that a Student may receive from a ""Freelancer"" individual. The GeeklyHub Company acts as a collaboration platform designed and developed in order to make the request of such services possible with an aim to collect and process the payments from Students and to ensure the financial security of both Students and Tutors involved.
How Tutoring Services Work
The GeeklyHub Company is an online educational platform that ensures functionality, which provides the Student with a right to request and pay for Lesson Services that are provided by Tutors. The GeeklyHub Company ensures proper operation of the website and sufficient functionality that allows the provision of the Lesson Services. It includes but is not limited to:
- Direct interaction (instant messaging)
- File sharing (upload and download)
- SSL Encryption
- Document collaboration
The GeeklyHub Company does not act as a primary provider of the Lesson Services. The GeeklyHub Company does not act on behalf and is not a legal, financial (or any other kind of) a representative for any User (Student or Tutor) visiting the website. The Tutors that provide the Lesson Service are independent contractors and are not the employees or representatives of the GeeklyHub Company.
Interaction Between Students and The Tutors
The GeeklyHub Company cannot be held responsible for decisions being made regarding the provision of the Lesson Service by either Students or the Tutors. The GeeklyHub company informs the Student that this type of decision is solely a personal responsibility of the User. Likewise, the Tutor is informed that a decision to provide a Lesson Service to a Student is made by the Tutor alone. The GeeklyHub Company does not censor or check the contents of the Lesson Services that are provided to the Student. The Student is responsible for verification of the appropriate quality of contents provided by the Tutors. Any disputes concerning the quality of the content provided by the Tutors can only be initiated due to confirmation of the insufficient quality of provided content and/or Lesson Services. The GeeklyHub Company requires all the Tutors to provide accurate and timely personal and professional information. The GeeklyHub Company undertakes all the feasible actions that would allow screening and verification of information about the Tutor, including academic credentials. The GeeklyHub company cannot guarantee sufficiency of such screening or a verification process in case the information related to Tutor's skills and/or credentials are corrupt or counterfeit. The GeeklyHub company does everything possible in order to avoid and prevent identity frauds and cannot be held liable for the cases of falsification. The GeeklyHub Company cannot be held responsible for any kind of mental, physical or psychological damage caused to the Student or a Tutor during the interaction / Lesson Service session. In case there is evidence and suspicion that a certain interaction that took place between Student and the Tutor might be dangerous to any party, the party coming up with an assumption or the evidence should contact the authorities immediately.
Files / Data Exchange Between Users
The collaboration process between Students and Tutors may include the exchange of files (data). The GeeklyHub company cannot be held liable and does not bear any responsibility for the content, accuracy, legality, and safety of the files and data being exchanged. The User assumes full responsibility and risks related to downloading and the opening of these files.
The Tutor Behavior Guidelines
Once the GeeklyHub Company approves a User as a Tutor, User agrees to the next behavior guidelines:
- A presence of the necessary qualifications and expertise, supported by the academic credentials
- A Tutor provides truthful, accurate, timely, and legitimate credentials to support the qualifications and the expertise
- The credentials should be backed up with photocopied or scanned, verified originals of the documents from the legitimate and recognized academic institutions, issued upon request from the GeeklyHub Company
- A Tutor is prohibited to use the GeeklyHub Company to engage in any kind of a business activity that would violate any national or local laws, academic policies of Universities, Schools, Colleges or any other U.S. academic institutions
- A Tutor is not allowed to facilitate direct or indirect violations of such laws and the academic policies issued by the other users
- A Tutor is not allowed to facilitate direct or indirect violations of the GeeklyHub Company's Honor Code
- A Tutor is not allowed to create and contribute to circumstances that can result in any form of academic dishonesty
- A Tutor is not allowed to engage in any activity that can result in the GeeklyHub Company's purchase of licenses or payment of any royalties
Any violations of the aforementioned guidelines will result in immediate termination of cooperation and a permanent suspension of the User/Tutor account.